This video totally exposes John Salza and the documented lies in his heretical, error-ridden book True Or False Pope? It is an absolute must-see for anyone familiar with him.
This video further documents and exposes the massive errors and contradictions on the New Rite of Ordination in Salza's book, which were discussed in the 'Epic Blunder' video below. This video further refutes their false teaching from real life 'ordinations' in the New Rite.
This video refutes and exposes the new book written by John Salza and Robert Siscoe on sedevacantism.
John Salza Has No Idea What He's Talking About (new feature article)
This is a devastating exposé of Salza. It completely refutes all of his arguments against sedevacantism. It exposes his lies, his massive contradictions, and his errors. It shows how, after we refuted his arguments, he modified his positions and fell into even more errors and stunning contradictions. This is a must-read if you are familiar with John Salza.
This video exposes the shocking and outrageous dishonesty of John Salza. It refutes more of his errors and demonstrates that, among other things, he proposed and said “yes” to a live debate only then to back down.
John Salza's Lies, Errors and Dishonesty (article)
This article contains our revealing e-mail exchanges with Salza, and more on his complete apostasy from the Catholic faith when he was a Freemason. It also exposes his heretical teaching that Eastern “Orthodoxy” is part of the Church of Christ.
This was our first article refuting Salza. It refutes the article he published against Sedevacantism in The Remnant. This article explains and addresses his claims. It disproves his core distinction, proves that he misapplies canon law and Catholic teaching, and demonstrates that he blatantly contradicts himself.
SALZA'S ALARMING AND DARK HISTORY IN FREEMASONRY: HIS DENIAL OF JESUS CHRIST, INVOLVEMENT WITH EVIL SPIRITS, ETC.
• As a young lawyer, John Salza became interested in joining Freemasonry when he heard stories of how Freemasonic judges would favor the clients of Freemasonic lawyers. Of course an honest person, who values truth, facts and evidence, is not inclined to agreements which favor one party over another regardless of the truth, facts or evidence. Salza became a member of two different Masonic lodges, and he rose as high as the 32nd degree. He was almost elected “Worshipful Master” of one Masonic Lodge. Remember, during this period John Salza claimed to be a Catholic. This is an example of the profound self-deception and dishonesty of which Salza is capable and has displayed. While claiming to be Catholic, Salza actually swore an oath to Allah on the Koran.
• Not only did Salza partake of this “monstrous syncretism,” but he instructed others in it. Salza was an officer of a Masonic lodge. That means he was involved in conferring Freemasonry’s diabolical oaths on others, not simply taking them himself. Salza acknowledges that people who did this sometimes became demonically possessed. He says that their facial appearances might change. Salza admits that he essentially became demonically possessed. He says: “I felt a very evil presence when I was conferring those oaths…” Needless to say, Salza was not an unwilling or reluctant member of the Freemasonic lodge, who only showed a passive interest. No, he was extremely interested, deeply involved and aggressive about his pursuit of, and experience in, the demonic art of Freemasonry. This says quite a bit about the character, credibility and integrity of John Salza during that period. (Facts about Salza’s membership in Freemasonry come from his talk, “Why Can’t Catholics Be Masons,” at St. Catherine of Siena, Oct. 3, 2010)
So, when you read John Salza, recognize that you are reading the writing of a person who was baptized and raised 'Catholic', but chose to deny Jesus Christ and the Catholic faith for worldly gain or entertainment. That's what he was attracted to (and inclined to do) in his adult life. Moreover, as our material proves in detail, Salza is a person who constantly distorts things and outright lies (see the aforementioned article, John Salza Has No Idea What He's Talking About, and our e-mail exchanges). As stated above, Salza also, in his own words, admits that he became demonically possessed. He was so attracted to the wickedness of Freemasonry that he became an apostle for it. Salza was a Masonic officer who helped others deny Jesus Christ and engage in Masonry's demonic practices. That's John Salza's history: an apostate from Jesus Christ who was demonically possessed - a person who was also actively involved in getting others to deny the true God and Jesus Christ. Even if someone underwent a true conversion after thus apostatizing (which, as our material shows, Salza did not), is it plausible that such a person would immediately move into a position of guiding and instructing 'traditional Catholics'? No, it isn't. That's especially true when the person is a layman and a secular attorney, like Salza. What is more plausible is that someone with such a dark history - who has proven to be an easy mark for Satan, with a track record of apostasy, evil, bad will, and mortal sin after Baptism - would again become the instrument of the Devil and lead people into evil. That's what Salza is now as a false traditionalist whose writings are filled with serious falsehoods, lies, distortions, and doctrinal errors.
• EIGHT TIMES IN ONE ARTICLE JOHN SALZA TAUGHT THAT POPES CAN BE SUBJECTED TO CANONICAL TRIALS - A COMPLETELY FALSE AND ANTI-PAPAL DOCTRINE THAT IS EXPLICITLY CONDEMNED IN DIVINE AND CANON LAW
Here are just two examples of John Salza teaching the condemned false doctrine that popes can (and would have to be) subjected to a canonical trial. His massive error on this point, which he repeated eight times in one article as a foundational reason for why he rejects Catholic teaching on automatic loss of office for heresy, demonstrates that he truly doesn't know what he's talking about. His positions and arguments are anti-papal, and he basically makes things up as he goes along.
John Salza: "... the pope would still be entitled to rebut the presumption in a canonical trial…”
John Salza, Second Article, p. 10: “… Dimond would not even give the pope a chance to prove himself innocent in a canonical trial!”
This is staggeringly false doctrine. A pope cannot be subjected to a canonical trial.
Pope St. Nicholas, epistle (8),Proposueramus quidem, 865: “… Neither by Augustus, nor by all the clergy, nor by religious, not by the people will the judge be judged… ‘The first seat will not be judged by anyone.’”
Canon 1556, 1917 Code of Canon Law, On trials in general: “The First See is judged by no one.”
• JOHN SALZA HOLDS THAT A PERSON CAN FAVOR WOMEN 'PRIESTS', GAY 'MARRIAGE', DENY THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION REPEATEDLY, DENY THE DEITY OF CHRIST, DENY THE DOGMA OUTSIDE THE CHURCH THERE IS NO SALVATION DOZENS OF TIMES, OR BELIEVE IN ANYTHING AT ALL, AND STILL BE CATHOLIC
Since John Salza holds the heresy that one must be declared a heretic or found guilty of heresy by a Church authority before being considered a heretic, he holds that everyone who claims to be Catholic (and has not been declared a heretic) is a Catholic. Not only is that position HERETICAL (and soundly refuted in our material), but it's actually a false gospel. Salza believes that a person can publicly favor gay 'marriage' and women 'priests', preach that there are Muslim and non-Catholic martyrs 30 times, deny Christ's divinity repeatedly, deny Scripture, etc. and that person must be considered Catholic. That is not what the Church teaches. It is, in fact, a diabolical heresy and a false gospel. It denies the Church's teaching that one must profess the true faith to be considered a Catholic and part of the Church, and that those who dissent from the Church's magisterial teaching are not to be considered Catholic.
Pope Pius XII, Mystici Corporis Christi (#22). “Actually only those are to be included as members of the Church who have been baptized and profess the true faith.”
Pope Leo XIII, Satis Cognitum, June 29, 1896: “You are not to be looked upon as holding the true Catholic faith if you do not teach that the faith of Rome is to be held.”
Pope Leo XIII, Satis Cognitum, June 29, 1896: “… can it be lawful for anyone to reject any of those truths without thereby sending himself headlong into open heresy? without thereby separating himself from the Church and in one sweeping act repudiating the entirety of Christian doctrine?…”
Pope Leo XIII, Satis Cognitum, June 29, 1896: “… it is absurd to imagine that he who is outside the Church can command in the Church.”
Pope Leo XIII, Satis Cognitum (# 9), June 29, 1896: “The practice of the Church has always been the same, and that with the consenting judgment [i.e. consensus] of the holy fathers who certainly were accustomed to hold as having no part of Catholic communion and as banished from the Church whoever had departed in even the least way from the doctrine proposed by the authentic Magisterium.”
This video also refutes and exposes his heretical view on this point: Why Francis Must Not Be Considered The Pope (video)
• FOR YEARS SALZA PROMOTED THE HERESY THAT THE 'ORTHODOX' ARE PART OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST, ONLY TO STOP DOING SO AFTER WE EXPOSED HIM
In assessing Salza’s tactics and theological errors, we came across this bombshell example of heresy. He taught that the schismatic “Orthodox,” who reject the Papacy, Papal Infallibility and Vatican I, are part of the universal Church of Christ! This is outrageous heresy (a complete denial of Catholic dogma). For a long period of time Salza prominently featured and endorsed the following on his website:
John Salza endorsed article, “Catholicism & Orthodoxy: A Comparison,” by Dave Armstrong: “Catholics must believe that Orthodoxy is a part of the universal Church (commensurate with the Second Vatican Council and many recent papal encyclicals on ecumenism in general or Orthodoxy in particular). That fact alone precludes the justification of any condescension, animosity, or hostility, which is especially sinful amongst Christians (Galatians 6:10).”
The Salza-endorsed statement not only taught the heresy, but admitted that this outrageous heresy on schismatic “Orthodoxy” – which, if it were true, would overthrow the very foundation of the Church upon Peter and the unity of communion that flows from it – was taught by Benedict XVI and Vatican II! That of course constitutes all the proof one needs that Benedict XVI and his “predecessors” are not true popes; for the post-Vatican II antipopes approved Vatican II as a true ecumenical council. It’s impossible that a true ecumenical council (and Vatican II is one if Benedict XVI is a pope) could teach the opposite of another true ecumenical council (Vatican I) on whether people who reject the Papacy are inside the universal Church.
After we exposed Salza for promoting this major heresy, he removed it from a prominent part of his website. Yet, as of Jan. 6, 2016, the horrible heresy (which denies the teaching of Vatican I, among other things) was still promoted on a less prominent part of Salza's site! That means that he promoted this denial of the Church's teaching publicly for years while purporting to be a defender of Catholic teaching. This constitutes a powerful example of Salza's false ecclesiology and the bad fruits of his false position. When someone adheres to the Vatican II sect, as Salza does, that person will have a corrupt view of the Church. Very recently (probably out of shame) Salza deleted the page that contains the heresy about the schismatic 'Orthodox'. That's just one of many examples on which we have refuted and exposed Salza and his false teachings.
• SALZA'S FALSE TEACHING ON THE MAGISTERIUM (AND THE "AUTHENTIC MAGISTERIUM") IS DIRECTLY REFUTED BY CATHOLIC TEACHING
This video also serves to demolish John Salza's false positions. It refutes his blatantly false teaching on the infallibility of the Magisterium. For example, Salza is on record admitting that his "Pope", Francis, teaches error in his "Authentic Magisterium". (See the section of this video at 17.40 and following, which addresses and refutes Salza's blatant error). Salza thinks that the "Authentic Magisterium" can teach false doctrine. He is totally wrong. The video shows how the Church has always taught that the Authentic Magisterium = the infallible Magisterium. It does so by examining the Latin text of Leo XIII's Satis Cognitum. Salza thus contradicts Catholic teaching on the Magisterium. Salza does not remain faithful to Catholic teaching and language on the infallibility of the Magisterium (and the infallibility of the Authentic Magisterium) because his positions are not Catholic.
• SALZA'S STUNNING INCONSISTENCY: HE ENDORSES INDEPENDENT BISHOPS, REJECTS THE OFFICIAL TEACHINGS AND 'CANONIZATIONS' OF HIS 'POPES', SUBMITS HIS MATERIAL TO AN INDEPENDENT GROUP, YET SIMULTANEOUSLY ARGUES THAT ONE MUST NOT BE SEPARATE FROM THE DIOCESAN STRUCTURE OF HIS 'POPE' UNDER PAIN OF CONDEMNATION!
• Salza is also stunningly inconsistent and hypocritical in his official positions. Besides the literally dozens of major contradictions in his argumentation (carefully documented in our first article above), his formal position and arguments against sedevacantism contend, on the one hand, that the "true Church" is the "visible structure" under his "Pope" Francis and his "bishops" (i.e. the diocesan structure). According to Salza, the structure under Francis and his "bishops" is that city on the hill with which one must be in communion. Yet, on the other hand, Salza does things without the approval of that structure. He endorses individuals and bishops who have remained obstinately separate from that structure for decades (i.e. the SSPX). The SSPX has conducted a completely independent operation for decades. The SSPX also officially teaches that one must not go to any service held in the diocesan structure under Francis and his "bishops". The SSPX teaches that the "Church" under Francis, which follows Vatican II, is "new" and false. Salza endorses the independent and schismatic SSPX. He even submits his work to them for approval! That's another clear example of Salza's absolute theological inconsistency and hypocrisy. Salza also rejects the official teachings of his Vatican II "popes" in many ways, in addition to rejecting their solemn "canonizations". So, besides being heretical and theologically bankrupt, Salza's position is schismatic. For more on these points in particular, watch the important video on the SSPX.
Even though this video and article dealt primarily with another group and individual, basically all of it also applies to the positions and claims of Salza. It's a very powerful, interesting, and detailed refutation. It utterly refutes Salza's false claims on heresy, judging heretics, sedevacantism, and related matters.
Sign up for our free e-mail list to see future vaticancatholic.com videos and articles.