A six-year-old boy suffered horrific internal injuries after he drank drain cleaner which he mistakenly thought was a bottle of water.
Sonny Arthur, of Hatfield Peverel, Essex, was rushed to Great Ormond Street Hospital in London after digesting caustic soda crystals from the heavy duty cleaning product.
His devastated parents, Vikki, 45, and Ian, 51, have been constantly at his side since the freak incident before Christmas.
Sonny's parents released his hospital photos to warn others of the dangers of some household products.
His parents are expecting a long road to recovery for him as he has 'significant narrowing of the oesophagus in two places as a result of the accident'.
Sign up for our free e-mail list to see future vaticancatholic.com videos and articles.