A disabled man choking to death on food he bought in McDonald's was ignored by customers who stepped over him to order their own dinner, an inquest heard.
Spina bifida sufferer Mike Ore collapsed when the meal he was eating blocked his oesophagus as he sat in his wheelchair at the restaurant.
Despite falling to the floor, it was a full three minutes before anyone went to his aid.
When desperate efforts were eventually made to try and resuscitate him, diners at the McDonald's in Cheltenham High Street climbed over Mr Ore's lifeless body - by this time having turned purple - to place their own orders.
Johnny Langden was one of only three members of the public who tried to save him.
He put his fingers down Mr Ore's throat in a panicked bid to clear the blockage.
But it was too late and the 47-year-old died after being left unable to breath.
Sign up for our free e-mail list to see future vaticancatholic.com videos and articles.